Roles Performed (selected roles)
- Soprano, I am Harvey Milk (co-premiere), Heartland Men's Chorus (2014)
- Beggar Woman, Sweeney Todd, Lawrence Arts Center (2013)
- Emma Darwin/Worm Queen, Darwin (world premiere), NewEar and Owen Cox Dance Group 2013
- Sharon Graham, Maria Callas: Masterclass, Spinning Tree Theater (2012)
- White Witch, Narnia, Starlight Children’s Theater (2012)
- Maria Callas, Maria Callas: Masterclass, Metropolitan Ensemble Theater Script in Hand Series, Kansas City Public Library (2012)
- First Lady, The Magic Flute, Santa Fe Concert Association (2012)
- Ghost of Christmas Future/Dora Lincoln, A Gilbert and Sullivan Christmas Carol, Kansas City Young Audiences (2011)
- Anne Sexton, Transformations, Civic Opera Theater (2011)
- Lisa, Pikovaya Dama, Union Avenue Opera, St. Louis (2010)
- Mary, The Wise Women, Civic Opera Theatre (2009)
- Hanna Glawari, The Merry Widow, Union Avenue Opera (2009)
- Charlotte, Charlotte's Web, Lyric Opera of Kansas City (Ed.) (2009)
- Nedda, I Pagliacci, Kansas Concert Opera (2008)
- Marguerite, Faust, Union Avenue Opera (2004)
- Tatiana, Eugene Onegin, Union Avenue Opera (2003)
- Manon Lescaut, Manon Lescaut, Kansas City Puccini Festival (2003)
- Mary W. Tweedy, Cold Sassy Tree, Lyric Opera of Kansas City (2002)
- First Lady, The Magic Flute, Shreveport Opera (2002)
- Meg, Little Women, Civic Opera Theater (2002)
- First Lady, Die Zauberflˆte, Lyric Opera of Kansas City (2001)
- Fidelia, Edgar, Kansas City Puccini Festival (2001)
- Lady Macbeth, Shakespeare Review, Outreach Opera Omaha (2000)
- Ida, Die Fledermaus, Lyric Opera of Kansas City (1999)
- Governess, Turn of the Screw, Civic Opera Theatre (1999)
- High Priestess, Aida, Opera Omaha (1999)
- Kate, The Ballad of Baby Doe, Lyric Opera of Kansas City (1999)
- Carolina, Il Matrimonio Segreto, Civic Opera Theatre (1998)
- Helena, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Lake George Opera (1997)
- Star, The Wise Women, Civic Opera Theatre (1996)
- Esmerelda, The Bartered Bride, Lake George Opera (1996)
- Gretel, Hansel and Gretel, Kentucky Opera (1996)
- Barbarina, The Marriage of Figaro, Des Moines Metro Opera (1995)
- Kate, The Ballad of Baby Doe, Des Moines Metro Opera (1995)
- Sr. Francisca, If the Duke Were Here, Aspen Opera Theater (1992)
- Soloist, The Creation, Burnt Hills Choral Society (2015)
- Ruel Joyce Recital Series with pianist Wayne Hawkins, Johnson County Community College, (2013)
- Opera Ooh-la-la!, Kansas City Fringe Festival, (2013)
- Recitalist, In Her Element, Zankel Series, Skidmore College (2012)
- Soloist, Lord Nelson Mass, Washburn University (2012)
- Soloist, Faure Requiem, Spire Chamber Ensemble (2012)
- Recitalist, Songs of Pioneer Women, Unitarian Concert Series (2010)
- Soloist, Mozart: A Biography in Music, Civic Opera of Kansas City (2010)
- Soloist, Spencer Consort, Spencer Museum of Art (2009-10)
- Soloist, NewEar Ensemble, UMKC Conservatory (2009)
- Recitalist, Songs of Pioneer Women, University of Nebraska (2009)
- Recitalist, Saga of the Saloon Singer, Ruel Joyce Concert Series (2008)
- Soloist, Il Tramonto (Respighi), Orvieto Musica (Italy) (2008)
- Recitalist, From America, With Love, Orvieto Musica (2008)
- Recitalist, A Brief Introduction to Cabaret, Kansas City Public Library (2007)
- Soloist, Mozart Requiem, Skidmore College (NY) (2006)
- Recitalist, Sopranos Three in Harmony, Jubilate Concert Series (2004)
- Soloist, Dierbach Halle Konzert, Dierbach (Germany) (2001)
- Recitalist, A Trinity at Trinity, Cathedral Concert Series (2001)
Sylvia Stoner shines as the doomed and sympathetic Lisa, and her big soprano voice rises majestically above the orchestra on several occasions.
Chris Gibson, BroadwayWorld.com, 8/2010
Soprano Sylvia Stoner has a big, beautiful voice; her doomed, betrayed Lisa was touching and sympathetic.
Sarah Bryan Miller, St. Louis Post-Dispatch 8/2010
Sylvia Stoner, looking beautifully Russian, sings a lovely Lisa.
Steve Callahan, KDHX FM, 8/2010
Soprano Sylvia Stoner made an attractive, winning Hanna, acting and singing strongly.
Sarah Bryan Miller, St. Louis Post-Dispatch 8/2009
Sylvia Stoner gives a strong performance as Hanna, imbuing her role with a nice sense of playfulness. Stoner displays a powerful and clear soprano voice that's well suited to this tuneful material
Chris Gibson, BroadwayWorld.com, 8/2009
Sylvia Stoner, as Hanna, is beautiful and vivacious, with a strong, clear soprano.
Steve Callahan, KDHX FM, 8/2009
Stoner-Hawkins delivered a wonderful performance as Floushe has an exquisite and formidable voice that she controls effortlessly.
Megan Helm, Lawrence Journal World, 4/5/2008
Review of Picnic
Soprano Sylvia Stoner was a lovely Marguerite in every respect, conveying the character's faith purity and decency, while singing (and looking) like an angel.
Sarah Bryan Miller, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 7/18/2004
Review of Faust
Sylvia Stoner is a gorgeous Tatiana with high Slavic cheekbones and such a voice! In her wonderful letter aria it seems that her beautiful clear soprano was made for this very space — it fits it as perfectly as Cinderella fits the slipper. What's more, she's a most moving actress.
Steve Callahan, KDHX Theater Review, 8/20/2003
Review of Eugene Onegin
Her voice is clear, strong and bright. She has excellent diction and handled the difficult Polish consonants beautifully.
Mickey Coalwell, KC Star, 8/5/2001
Review of A Trinity at Trinity
Stoner had Carolina's blushing-maiden routine down just so, but she could throw a fine fit too, and all with a soprano of creamy loveliness.
Scott Cantrell, KC Star, 2/9/1998
Review of Il Matrimonio Segreto
Sylvia Stoner as Helena seemed to glow from within.
Cathy Dede, The Chronicle, 1997
Review of A Midsummer Nights' Dream